From the article: About Photography Community Critique Submission by Rob Connelly
About Photography Community Critiques for Sunset with Geese
Photo Catches the Eye
- I like it and think it worth putting on a wall. I think Photoshopping should be done: Rotae and fix the horizone, then crop the bottom so you only have dark on lower left, this would give a diaginal line from corner to corner, you would have vertical lines at thirds and a singel center focal spot for movement. I would hang it on my walls, good work, you have all of the foundation for a "GREAT PHOTO".
- I think it's a great shot! The rocks, geese, horizon and sun all add great depth to the shot. The color is not over bearing but suttle giving the suggestion to the time of day. I would not crop the rock as it is an important asset to the closeup part of the depth in the picture. Also who says the horizon has to be straight. To me it gives the impression that you are looking slighty to the right which would give you that look of a slight tilt. Could it be more like an optical illusion that it tilts? :) I say Nice job Bob *****
Beauty is the sky
- I love how the light warm hue of the sky blends in with the foreground and he utilized his leading lines exceptionally well. All and all its a great shot worth viewing.
- I love the color wash effect- not like some sunset pix with a variety of strong colors. I like the combination of the black rocks and dark birds, although maybe a little less rock so they don't pull the eye to far into the corner. Yes, on straightening the horizon, but that's an easy fix. Overall, a very serene and pleasing photo !
Sunset with Geese
- Who can resist a sunset?, and this one is lovely, I would get rid of the rock and straighten up the horizon, as far as competitive work is concerned, the swans are a lovely addition although a bit far away, but for hanging on ones wall, really lovely.
- Colors,reflection,waterfowl for added interest all perfect.Also like the totally black rocks in the lower left. Straighten that horizon and this is a real winner!
SUNSET WITH GEESE
- I AGREE WITH THE OTHER CRITICS ABOUT THE HORIZON, BUT AN EASY FIX IN PHOTOSHOP OR ANY EDITING PROGRAM. THE SILHOUETTES IN THE FOREGROUND DISTRACT GREATLY. IF THE DUCKS WERE MOVING INTO THE FRAME FROM THE LEFT 1/3 OF THE IMAGE YOU WOULD HAVE A WINNER. THE MUTED SKY, SHARP REFLECTION OF THE SUN IN THE WATER AND THE COLORS ARE GREAT. KEEP SHOOTING...BOB
Sunset with Geese
- The color is beautiful, The tilted horizon line needs to be straighten. And I would crop a little of the rock out on hte bottom right.
- I thought this was very colorful and pretty even with a tilted horizon, which happenes to us all. I still think it's a great capture. Maybe you will get another chance to retake someday and fix the horizon.