Is a model release on file if needed? (Yes/No/NA)
What day was the photo taken?
This photo taken on 18 December 2010
This is a photo of a Xmas ornament hanging on our Xmas tree this year. The bulb ornament compliments the colours of the phrase ornament. This shot was taken with my Canon 40D and Canon 70-200 f2.8L lens. I used ISO 100 to maintain the quality.
In post processing the only things I did were adjust the curves for a deeper contrast, minimal cropping, and sharpened using Unsharp Mask.
- Make sure you have a tripod
- Take your time to work the same shot from different angles
- Use a narrow aperture so that the lights make a nice addition to the photo rather than an eye sore
- Use a shutter release cable or transmitter to minimize camera shake.
- If you don't have a shutter release cable or transmitter, use the camera's timer mode
- Enable mirror lockup because you'll use a very slow shutter speed