The Bottom Line
For anyone wishing to avoid using live baby chicks in photo shoots, this set of 3 baby chicks is a great alternative.
- Do not grow up
- Can not be hurt by children who squeeze too hard
- Do not require special care
- Can be expensive ($25 to $50 for a set of 3)
- Not quite as cute as live baby chicks
- Body is made of plastic covered in fake fur.
- Beak and feet are painted a deep yellow-orange.
- Eyes are plastic and glued onto the body.
Guide Review - Photography Prop Set of 3 Fake Baby Chicks
This set of 3 fake baby chicks are super realistic with the feet and eyes being the weakest points of the props. The three different poses adds a nice variety to images and also allows a lot of flexibility when using just one chick in a photograph. With concerns from animal rights groups and Salmonella outbreaks, these fake baby chicks are are good alternative to live animals.