Thanksgiving is a time when we traditionally look back on the year and realize everything we have to be thankful for. Photographers are no exception to this rule and I want to share the list of things I am most thankful for as a photographer. I'd love to hear what you are most thankful for as well. At the bottom of the list is a form to submit your "most thankful for."
1. Good EyesPhotography depends on our eyes. I am thankful that I can see well enough to continue to participate in photography.
2. Family That Tolerates MeI am thankful for family and friends that tolerates my "shutter-happy" self without hiding from me, all while I continue to insist that I personally belong behind the camera rather than in front of it.
3. My Students, Readers, and Forum MembersI am very thankful for my on-site photography students, my About Photography readers, and my About Photography forum members. Sharing photography with you, watching you all grow in skill, and getting to share in your lives in a small way is an amazingly wonderful thing!
4. The Amazing Sights I SeeThe sights, events, and places I have witnessed as a photographer humble me constantly. Amazing things happen all around us and it is a privilege to record them.
5. The Lowering Cost of Photography EquipmentHigh quality photography equipment continues to lower in price. While it makes competition stiffer for professional photographers, as a photography teacher I am thrilled that photography is becoming more accessible for everyone.