The Bottom Line
- Extremely Flexible Design
- High Quality Printing & Materials
- Variety of Sizes and Covers
- Custom Photo Covers No Extra Charge (Hardback binding)
- Easy to Use Software
- More Expensive Than Other Photobooks
- Windows Software (Mac version scheduled for August)
- Print Quality = 4.5 out of 5
- Product Quality (binding/paper/etc) = 5 out of 5
- Turn Around Time = 3.5 out of 5
- Design Flexibility = 4.5 out of 5
- Price = 3.5 out of 5
- Software = 4.5 out of 5
Guide Review - Review of DotPhoto's EuroBook Custom Photo Books
EuroBook from DotPhoto offers books in 12"x12", 8"x11", and 8"x8". These books come with the option of hardcover, linen cover, soft cover, or booklet form. The 12"x12" also offers a faux leather option. A 5"x5" booklet is also available. Prices for all books and booklets include up to 26 pages with additional pages being $8 per 8 page sets. Hardcover books include custom photo cover at no additional charge. Prices range from $9.95 for a 5"x5" booklet to $68.95 for a 12"x12" book.
There are several features of the book creation software that makes a photographer's job much easier. These are: image quality icons, checked and highlighted files indicating which of your images are already used in the book, drag and drop interface, outstanding quality previews, and ability to mass import images. Also, images do not have to be uploaded to DotPhoto before placing them in a photobook. The photobook is designed using files on your computer and then uploaded as one package to the ordering system.
Turn around time of 9 to 18 days is a bit longer than some other photobook producers but the quality is worth the wait.