The Bottom Line
- Allows easy repair of scratches and tears
- Multiple presets plus tweaking ability
- Easy background fill
- Relies heavily on selection skills (as do all programs of this type)
- JPEG repair - helps correct and minimize jagged blocks from over-compressed JPEGs
- Old photo repair - repairs scratches and rips based on selection
- Smart fill - basically a quick clone that easily fills in unwanted areas for you
- Skin softening - adds an airbrushed look to photos making skin smooth and even in tone
- Blemish removal - removes moles, scars, and other skin defects based on selection
Guide Review - Photo Software - Review of Image Doctor 2
While Image Doctor 2 relies heavily on the selection skills of the photographer, it does an excellent job of blending fixed edges into the original image so that the repairs are not blatant.
Another feature of Image Doctor 2 that photographers will love is the smart fill feature. Designed to allow photographers to remove unwanted objects in images such as power poles, this feature is a wonderful short cut to filling in extra background when you cropped an image too tightly for a particular enlargement format.
Overall, Image Doctor 2 is relatively easy to use and a very useful tool for correcting specific image defects.