If you have questions about any of the lessons listed below in conjunction with this contest please ask it in the appropriate forum thread (linked below for your convenience).
- Photo Contest Lesson (PLEASE read for important safety tips)
- Street Photography Lesson
Things to Remember
- Contest Timeframe (photos must be taken during contest): July 1, 2012 to July 30, 2012 (Central Time)
- Number of Entries Allowed: Four (4) Entries per person (only one per person can win)
- Entries Must be Numbered: Number your entry in the caption field
- Winner Announcement: Winners will be announced August 9, 2012
- Why can't all my photos win? - While we use a contest framework for the assignments, the primary goal is teaching photography. Because of this it is important to have opportunities for more people to receive the professional critiques given to the selected photos. I also feel it is important for multiple viewpoints to be expressed in the contest.
- Why can't HDR photos be entered? - Because this is a learning exercise the decision was made to not allow images that are composites of any kind so that the grasp of photography fundamentals can better be assessed. Our monthly forum photo contests do allow HDR and other composites to give you a venue to showcase these types of photos.
- Why can't I put a frame on my photo? - Like any contest, we need to see all the photos presented in the same way. Mats, frames, and borders can add to or detract from the visual impact of an image and change how it compares to other photos.
- Why was my photo disqualified? - The most common reasons that photos are disqualified are: 1. Lack of model release when needed, 2. Taken outside the contest timeframe, and 3. Excessive digital manipulation.
- Why hasn't my photo published yet? - Entries can take an hour or more to populate. If you enter your email address you will get a note that the submission was successful. Please note that any "inappropriate" entries or entries labeled incorrectly will be deleted without notice.
ENTER ASSIGNMENT/SEE CURRENT ENTRIES BY CLICKING HERE
We are testing a new submission process with this contest. PLEASE let us know what you think of this process and any problems you may experience. Please post comments in the discussion thread.